But the real question is... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 08:45 (3652 days ago) @ EffortlessFury
edited by Kermit, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 09:22

It would be crap for a large subset of Bungie fans to be unable to join in the Bungie Day festivities for playing on a console that was once required to enjoy Bungie games for the last 13 years.

Upon reflection (in part due to some very good points made by others here), I don't see it happening.

Regardless, the kvetching by the Xbox community strikes me as overwrought. Let Microsoft pony up some promotional cash and makes some deals with Bungie so that their platform is more visible in the adverts and they get some exclusive content.

(Personally, I'm very happy they're independent from MS now. It seemed a necessary relationship, and not always a good one.)

As is, even the owner of an eight-year-old 360 has been given no reason to fear that they will not get the same content that everyone else gets. They just might not get it first. I don't get how that rises to the level of a betrayal.

Now when Bungie announces they're abandoning your platform of choice and their next game will be an exclusive on a platform that doesn't exist yet, then we'll talk.

Kermit

EDIT: removed the postscript and replied directly to Pete.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread