Luke Smith describes Destiny in a nutshell (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 08, 2014, 15:11 (3612 days ago) @ uberfoop

Story missions - soloable activities (you can still play them in groups of up to 3!), often with ties to the main story arc of Destiny (the campaign). These activities appear at various Levels (numerical, relative to the player) and choosing a higher level (relative to you) means you're opting in for some additional challenge.

THANK GOODNESS. My only concern now is whether all the story missions will be playable by someone like me who has no interest in leveling up or gathering resources, or if the highest levels require leveling up your avatar to complete because the additional challenge is so much.

Strikes - 3 player activities, with bosses and loot at the end. Their goal is a highly replayable activity that will - at higher levels - lead you into the loot game.

Sounds like Nephalem rifts in Diablo 3, and those get old once you've seen most of the set pieces and bosses. They are only replayable insofar as you have desire for gear. Gear sounds less crucial in Destiny than in D3, so we'll see.

Explore - cruise around the surface of a planet in Fireteams of up to 3, taking odd jobs and tasks for the City. You can find minerals and resources out in the world that you'll have some use for as you find weapons in Destiny that you want to stick with. This is a lower intensity activity.

Sounds like most shitty MMO quests, unless exploration expands story mission options. Filler essentially.

Raids - 6 player, cooperative required, communication required gameplay. High challenge. We haven't talked much about this yet and I'm not going start that conversation here on NeoGAF.

This mode is probably what I want to hear most about in upcoming events / reveals.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread