DpM equation (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 16:36 (3475 days ago) @ someotherguy

Okay, here it is:

((60/(((Magazine Size-1)/Rate of Fire)+Reload Speed+Pause))*Magazine Size)*Damage per Shot

The pause is the period of time between emptying your magazine and a reload automatically starting.

So to break it down:

# Magazine Size - 1 = The number of shots after the first. This has to do with the way I measure RoF, but essentially boils down to a 10 shot clip only having 9 intervals between shots, with the first shot being instant and lasting for only 1 frame.
# Magazine Size / Rate of Fire = Number of Seconds per Magazine, or Magazine Time (MT)
# MT + Reload Time + Pause Time = Number of seconds to empty a full clip and reload, or Full Cycle Time (FCT)
# 60 / FCT = The number of Full Cycles per minute (CpM)
# CpM * Magazine Size = The number of shots per minute if firing at full speed, taking into account reload time and pause time - Shots per Minute (SpM)
# SpM * Damage per Shot = Damage per Minute, or DpM

Fusion Rifles are slightly more complicated due to the way I record Fusion Rifle RoF - I don't include the charge time of the first shot, and instead take that first charge time as a separate interval that I add later. This is so that RoF is measured consistently across all weapon types, but of course the first shot is not instant in Fusion Rifles, so charge time has to be added separately. Consistent =/= convenient.

((60/(((Magazine Size-1)/Rate of Fire)+Reload Time+Pause Time+Charge Time))*Magazine Size)*Damage

As you can see, the sums are functionally the same, with the only difference being the addition of Charge Time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread