I like it (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, October 22, 2014, 17:05 (3475 days ago) @ ZackDark

Quite simple, actually, but would take me a while to figure out. :)

Yeah, when it's all written down like that it's not too bad. When I was just staring at Excel cells trying to work out how to make the interact properly... not so simple haha. In the end I wrote it out step by step much like I have there, then converted each section into a bracketed equation.

How do you time these, by the way? Do you count frames post-recording? Stop-watch and ninja reflexes? Godlike omniscience? ;p

Definitely the latter.

I actually tried the stopwatch thing back in the first Week after release before deciding it was far too imprecise. I've been counting frames ever since.

Of course, it's worth noting that DpM isn't the be-all and end-all. Weapons like Handcannons have pretty low DpM (the lowest, in fact) but make up for it with high "burst" damage. They're excellent for taking out trash mobs, or for glass cannon enemies like Psions (and supposedly some of the enemies in the VoG, though I've not played that yet).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread