Thoughts of Dark Below So far (No spoils) (Destiny)

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, December 09, 2014, 10:21 (3448 days ago) @ Cody Miller

In fact, I didn't have to download any data when the expansion hit, which means it's all on your drive. Bungie has committed the sin of having you pay to unlock content you already have on your disk.

I honestly don't understand this common complaint. Here's an alternate phrasing: Bungie has done the favor of preloading content so you can play immediately and save bandwith costs (if you are from the U.S. they are more common that you may think around the world).

I am not being an apologist. I don't actually think it's as great as all that, but I also don't understand why people are as bothered by it as they are. Destiny is largely an online game, just unplug your ethernet to try and see what it's like to play without an online connection. Given that, why is the geometry the most important aspect of an expansion? Why are people upset at this,but would be perfectly happy if they had been allowed to pre-download the content? Would this be any different if they had allowed the download of the expansion to have that data in it two months ago as a pre-download?

I'm truly Cureous. I completely understand* someone who claims that they didn't get their value is worth in the initial game. I totally understand someone who says they did not get their values worth from the expansion. How the expansion was delivered to them, though? I don't understand that.

*understand != agree personally

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread