Melodramatic much? (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, January 09, 2015, 08:34 (3401 days ago) @ Beorn

Tyson Green, straight from the October 24th Bungie Weekly Update:

That might even further solidify my point--from October. Iron Banner has been reworked each time, and they manage to bring it back pretty much once a month. Destiny was released in September, right? I started in October. I've played two Iron Banners since then, and a 4th(my 3rd) is coming up next. Unless they're having a DLC-sized makeover for the Queen's Wrath, why are they sacrificing so much of PvE for PvP?

What? The second bridge crossing is perhaps the simplest part of the whole raid. The mechanics are pretty straightforward and there's lots of room to maneuver around. Where has your group been getting caught-up?

Where the swordbearers can slice right through that shield they're not supposed to be able to touch and 1-hit kill us even though we're 30's and 31's.

Oh, and where that one guy is supposed to stand IN THE OPEN UNPROTECTED while every enemy in the world is either shooting at him or again, swordbearers(see previous paragraph). My teammate had to run in circles nonstop with high sensitivity in order to make the turns and maximum agility to BARELY dodge their sword swings. Oh, and there's three of them. Also.

Oh, and I forgot the Knights! With butt clenching accuracy, they can kill any guardian in three shots. That's where we get stuck.

I don't think any other group has ever screwed up the Bridge section as much as our group did the first time (We never killed a Gatekeeper), and we still succeeded. At one point, I think I had three Gatekeepers swinging at me while I ran in circles to capture the far platform.

That was insanely tough, but very possible, and we weren't even doing it right.

Which brings us to my next point--what is "right"?
Does someone just whip out a Mythoclast or Last Word or any of the weapons I DON'T have and just drop level 32 and 33 enemies effortlessly? How can the bridge holders defend themselves when the sword guys just walk on through their barriers with no problem? How can the CENTER guy stay alive for more than a quarter of a second--WITHOUT running in a circle defenselessly? When stacked against the odds with their sword MUCH stronger than yours, and doesn't dissipate the second they actually NEED it?

What is right? What is good?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread