Okay, It Was That, Then. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, January 09, 2015, 23:37 (3400 days ago) @ someotherguy

3. The closest person should pick up the dropped sword and IMMEDIATELY cross the bridge and kill the sword weilding Gatekeeper on the far side. If you are too slow or hesitate your sword will vanish before you're done with it. (If you fail to kill a Gatekeeper your next sword guy will face two of them, the one you didn't kill and the new one. If that guy fails to kill any Gatekeepers your next guy will face three. Killing two is doable. Killing three is possible but is very much a long shot.

So my teammates(I was too scared to pick up the sword first) didn't kill the Gatekeeper each time--that's what happened. Now I understand. And that's why the middle plate had to continue running around non-stop: none of us on the other side had a sword. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told only the Swordbearer's Sword could damage Gatekeepers. Is that really right? Also, once you kill them, do they respawn? Or is it just those three?

What level are you guys? I don't mean to sound disparaging but those boomers really aren't so bad in my experience. Only the first person across has to deal with them alone, and that's when they're at their most dangerous, obviously. Unload your heavy into them and you should be fine though.

The very very first time I played Crota's End, I was 29. And yes, upon retrospect, I realize that was a super-bad idea. I had no clue the enemies would actually level up in difficulty as the stupid fucking thing progressed! I'm a level 30/31 now, but those Boomers still seem to pose a problem--mostly because of the fact I can't move from my position once the three of us make it across.

If the gatekeepers aren't dead, your best bet is to just keep double-jumping to avoid them. Or better yet, take a minute to lure them near an edge and knock them off with Fist of Havoc, Arc Blade or Solar Grenades.

I'll try that, and inform my Raid-mates--if it comes to that again.

Given that you could have 6 bounties a day, and it ran for 2 weeks(?), there were Legendary armour pieces dropping all over the place. They quickly removed the ability to dismantle them for shards so as not to completely usurp the Daily Heroic. At which point, it felt like you were grinding samey bounties, for a token where you would grind the same few missions, for a CHANCE at a slightly, minisculely better roll on your armour or a tiny chance at a sniper rifle.

Yeah, that sounds like a big problem. But it also sounds like it would be really, really, really helpful and beneficial.

It got old really fast. It wasn't unique or different in any way to existing Daily Heroics and bounties. You did not miss much.

Sounds about right.

Bungie taking more time to rework it is not a crime, is not unexpected, and the work they already completed on Iron Banner does not prevent them from bringing it back as an event regularly, and does not prevent further work on Queen's Wrath and hopefully bringing it back later on.

Again, I don't have a problem with Iron Banner--save for the only 5-7 bounties it ever has--but it just seems a little strange, maybe uneven to me. All the stuff I've heard about what's new coming and arrived to Iron Banner and what not--Queen's Wrath hasn't even been mentioned in any way since October! No progress? No updates? No release dates? No information?

//shouldn't even have to say this

Hey, I joined late and Strikes are getting repetitive. I'm a fucking noob. I get it.

The game is sometimes the problem, but not to the extent you make it out to be.

God, it certainly seems that way.

Those?! I should hope not. That would be one heck of a wrong assumption to hold on to once you got killed a couple of times... But yeah, that's the only barrier I can think of as well... :/

You're definitely right about that. Not going to fall for that one next time.

(The Last Word is on sell NOW by the way.)

Heh heh. I saw. Second that happened, I Struck like crazy--had to do a Nightfall and three weeklies. But I finally bought it.

PVE is hardly neglected. It has two challenges each week that grant lucrative items. The Weekly Heroic Strike grants up to 9 Strange Coins and is the best way to buy exotic weapons from Xur. The Weekly Nightfall Strike grants very high end items and takes far less time to get those items than ranking up Iron Banner. Then there's the Heroic Daily Story missions that grant much needed upgrade materials.

True, but on a side note, you can only do all those once. And it's good to have, but take the Dailies for example. That's two Ascendant Materials. And each weapon or armor piece requires six(sometimes eight) for each single upgrade in the final tier. That's 9-12 days trying to get that full upgrade. And during those 9-12 days, if you're doing Heroic Strike, Nightfall or Raid, which there's a good chance you're also doing, then you may possibly get another Legendary piece that you have to fully upgrade. Another 9-12 days for that, and it never ends. The Queen's Wrath event that RC described yes, it sounds ludicrous but it also--especially to me--sounds like a HUGE relief and a large burden lifted off us if only for a limited time--so we wouldn't have to be committed to a full-blown Raid and 5 constantly different partners (who never tell you it's their first time until we get to the friggin' Vex timegates). Raids are fun, but they're often difficult, and always a huge timesink. Yes, time investment in a game like Destiny is necessary and required, but doing The Buried City, The Archive and A Rising Tide over and over as a means of a shortcut dries up real quick.

I'm hungry. I gotta go eat, and then I'll see if I can finish Vault of Glass again tomorrow.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread