I think we should see other people... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 09, 2015, 10:46 (3401 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, January 09, 2015, 10:55

but isn't it completely fair to think that any game will begin to wear thin after so much playtime?

Completely fair. However, the fact that there has even BEEN this much playtime is what's troubling to me.

Much like Pete's suggestion, I've found that changing my approach to the game has helped breath new life in to it several times. Every time my focus starts to become gear-centric: getting all the weapons, upgrading them all, getting the specific raid gear I need to hit 32 ASAP, etc, I start to burn out/get frustrated. Sometimes taking a break gives us the time to realize what parts of the game we truly enjoy, and what parts we're perhaps chasing at the expense of our own enjoyment.}

This is kind of what I don't get though. At this point, that's all there is. The minute you finish the raid once, the minute you do all the story missions, is when the game becomes about getting the gear, and upgrading it. Like, we just did Crota last night without a single wipe. How much better can we get? (besides NOBODY dying :-p) I enjoy getting better, but I think the Vault of Glass was simply much harder to get better at, and thus I got more milage out of it.

I think I will probably log in today just to trade in my Hard Light to Xur, but then probably wait until we get a hard mode to continue. I realize that maybe you guys want to do stuff, so if you absolutely can't find anybody else to do raids with until then, I can fill in as backup. Speedracer has my #.

(One thing I WOULD like to try is a no wipe VoG hard, in which we do the oracles from below).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread