Husk of the Pit should be the standard for getting Exotics (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, January 12, 2015, 07:31 (3401 days ago) @ petetheduck

I think it would be a positive change to Destiny would be for Exotics to be acquired similarly to Husk of the Pit.

- Have a guaranteed base item drop somewhere in the world. Maybe hidden in Patrol, or as a drop from a Patrol mini-boss, or maybe integrated into a public event. Maybe it's hidden in a Strike or story mission. Fill Destiny's sometimes barren, empty world with these items.

- Once the base item has been acquired, the long grind begins. Using Husk of the Pit mechanics combined with Exotic bounty concepts, you've got to use a weak weapon, upgrade it through various tasks. It should take a significant amount of time, but the end result is an Exotic you've earned, rather than RNG'd. It'd be like a new mission--a whole new arc of content for players to enjoy. Each Exotic weapon could be like it's own little story sequence.

Thorn bounty is pretty much this already, and was one I actually liked chasing. I liked the little story and the Grimore cards that come with it. Shame it was all text based and I had to leave the game to enjoy it.

I think what you propose is wishful thinking, though. Many people don't have the time to invest into Destiny's progression\grind system, so RNG acts as a way for them to *possibly*, from time to time, hop on and get something cool to keep the game interesting for them.

That said, I've killed 1 bajillion Blades of Crota and I've not gotten a single husk of the pit.

I am angerous.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread