I am sad re: hard mode cheese (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, January 17, 2015, 19:39 (3400 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Isn't the whole point of playing on hard mode to challenge ourselves? That kind of sentiment makes me sad. Yes… we might spend hours figuring out how to conquer a challenge that is now hard again. You know, having fun.

:-(

Challenging ourselves is one thing, dying over and over with everything you've got for hours is another.

I'm now aware of my previous mistakes, but let's take the Battle with Crota, or the Deathsingers for example. When the 6 of you are going through with fully maxed out armor, and you're still getting one-hit killed, and no matter what strategy you devise, it always falls apart. Morale drops quickly. Watching the Hive taunt us through our death cameras infuriates us. We fight. We lose. We fight. We lose. Hours pass. People are tired, pissed off, hungry and feeling hopeless that we can't finish it, and stupid that so many people are--by themselves. The good time we're having quickly dissolves into anger and resentment(and blame). Now, instead of trying to have fun, you're just hoping to get it over with so you can never play it again. Challenging is fun--"impossibility" is not.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread