Heh. Patterns change... (Destiny)

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 12:21 (3372 days ago) @ yakaman

I was having a very similar experience - struggling to find a primary, and failing. I had a tough time with Scouts and Pulse Rifles, and had settled on ARs...albeit tentatively. I could not shake the feeling like I was not understanding something.

And then, randomly, I tried The Devil You Know (Legendary Hand Cannon) and everything clicked.

I don't know if that means Hand Cannons are that superior, or if they fit my play style, or if I figured game-play out. Probably all three.

The ARs just didn't move me at all. I loved the DMR in Halo: Reach, but somehow the scout rifle didn't feel right for me. I then moved to pulse rifles, and that... Well, it was better, but it wasn't me. I just wasn't feeling it, you know?

Then I got my mitts on The Devil You Don't. The perks are a little different than what seems to be standard for that weapon, but it just clicked for me. I'm a Hand Cannon guy from here on out. It fits my cautious playstyle perfectly when in PVE. I'm cautious, and I frequently weave to line up a shot (a holdover from when I was learning to shoot a rifle). Unless it's a strike, almost every shot is a critical with Hand Canons, and the sight works for me. (Then again, IRL I can only use iron sights for some odd reason. Everything else I just suck at.)

Play style counts for a LOT, especially when you can customize your weapons.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread