Mastery is nice, but variety is nice too. (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 07:56 (3371 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I still feel to this day like I haven't found a PvP weapon that really suits me. I've got Thorn and The Last Word, but I don't do particularly well with either of them. I did have a lot of fun using Monte Carlo a few days ago, but I could have just been having a good night. I'll have to experiment with it more.

For a long time, the only weapons I was effective with were Fusion Rifles; literally anything else meant a negative k/d and a lot of frustration. I only recently started branching out into other weapon classes again; I'm not sure if it's a better understanding of the meta, or if I'm just better now, but my best games these days are with Last Word, and Thorn is close behind.

Class might have something to do with it; I never played hunter until recently, and I seem to play better with hand cannons on hunter (the subclass abilities may have something to do with that). My playstyle changes have mostly come from boredom: I understand AR's and FR's, and now I'm trying to understand HC's and Snipers. I think mastery of a particular loadout is nice, but I generally have more fun with loadouts and weapons I'm less familiar with.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread