Speaking as a shotgun whore, plinking at people sucks ass. (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 08:57 (3371 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

This is partly true. I am in the camp that actively uses them in PvE and I find it fun to go toe to toe with Minotaurs and knights with them, as it vaguely reminds me of fighting Hunters in Halo.

My problem with them is how much the game works against you when using them, ESPECIALLY boss battles.

I should be able to get close to a boss and fire off several rounds without getting insta-killed by their AOE stomp attack.

All of them have it, it looks the same and it's fucking boring. They lunge forward, ring of force launches you back.

We have these interesting looking enemies, and yet no interesting way to fight them other than shooting them from a distance.

I started a replay of Metroid Prime, and I'm yearning for those kind of puzzle bosses again.

Imagine the following:

*Sepiks Prime: If you can land on top of him, and melee off a piece of his armor, you can then unload your shotty or AR into him. WAIT, you can't, because if you get with 10 feet of him he turns on his vacuum gun of death.

Vallaus: What if you could climb him god-of-war style and start bashing him in the helmet like Master Chief on the Prophet of Truth? Let's say that you need to get close to him, and then shoot him in the knees to get him to drop, then you can climb him and punch away

The fallen Archons What if when you got close to them, they picked you up (with one of their MANY free hands) and fucking threw your ass into a wall or something if you messed up a close range attack, instead of just stomping and whooshing you to death?

What if you could stun phogoth, get under him, and then wail on is stomach tonsil thing like a speed bag?

What if you could board a fallen Walker, shimmy across the main gun, and chuck one of your grenades in there for a damage bonus?

*This could be in ADDITION to how they are now, so you can still hang back and plink them in the head *

Every non-raid boss battle is so uninspired. There is no incentive beyond finding a high spot and just icebreaking them to death.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread