Agree in regards to making more matter (Destiny)

by yakaman, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 19:34 (3332 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I've always wished that the gear didn't use light level, attack, or defense. I'd much prefer the gear be differentiated by stats, perks, and appearance. That way you might decide you like a piece of green armor but it doesn't hurt you to keep wearing it. As far as encouraging people to run Raids, I think just making Raids have exclusive gear is pretty much enough.

The only thing you miss out on in this case is the idea of using higher level enemies as gatekeepers to certain areas, but I've never understood the point in doing that (at least in Destiny) since it's not like Bungie is hiding special equipment, gear, or items in those areas anyway. Plus, once you hit 20 it doesn't matter anyway.

How many, say, Auto Rifles are there (common, rare, legendary, exotic) in Destiny? Like, maybe 50? Once you reach a certain level (20?), only like 10 of them matter at all. The rest are fodder. All that design, awesome names, personality, etc, for naught.

And it's the same for shotguns, and armor, and boots, rockets, and so on. It would be fabulous if they mattered - it the entire tool set was viable at any level.

Is it possible to make light/level/attack/armor a function of player achievement rather than loot? Leveling normally until Light, and then light is added per milestones. For example, I could grind Roc vanguard playlist (or Crucible, or Weeklies, or Nightfalls) to move from 30 to halfway through 31, but to get to 32 I'd have to complete so many Raids or Iron Banner activities.

Not grinding, achieving. The leap from 31 to 32 should indicate that players have conquered the hardest Destiny has to offer. 2 Normal Raids + 1 Hard Mode? 1 flawless raid? 50 victories in IB, or +500 in IB?

EDIT: I really like messing around with builds and perks and such, and simply want more options. Really, I'm just asking Bungie to give me a reason to dink around in their world more.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread