PVP Public Events (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 14:49 (3316 days ago) @ dogcow

What about if it were just when a public event hit? See which faction is best at defending their specific conflux, maybe a Warsat drops & it's a race to see who can get the most time on it, or see who can get the most kills on an extraction event. I can conceive of some events where there would be no player on player damage, the events would all have to be tweaked and the difficulty increased tho'.

It's definitely not what TheeChaos was going for with PvP, but I'd love to see something like this where completing public events, bounties, and patrol missions earn points that increase a faction's influence in the tower. At the end of the day, the faction with the most influence grants a small bonus (gear, glimmer, XP bonus, whatever) to the guardians who are representing them.

There would have to be some measures in place to keep a player from switching over to whichever faction is in the lead, though. They could keep the numbers secret until they're tallied at the end of the day, but I think it would be more fun to have it displayed in the tower somewhere so that you could see your faction falling behind and be motivated to go out and help them out. Maybe it could be based on which faction you currently have the highest reputation with. I'm sure that could be gamed as well, but if they could find a way to do it, it would be cool to have the factions actually playing a role in the game.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread