Solutions that make it worse (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 16, 2015, 15:26 (3316 days ago) @ Durandal

I think the Crucible works because everyone starts at the same time and more or less has equal access to Supers and Heavy ammo and map positioning. My two biggest annoyances with the Crucible are when a map like Blind Watch gives a team a clear positioning advantage and when I get killed over and over by Supers and heavy weapons because Destiny decided to join me into a game that has already been running for several minutes. And you seem to be advocating both of these!

Coming around a corner in Old Russia or Venus or wherever and having to stare down people in entrenched positions ready to obliterate me with heavy weapons and supers across the larger open world seems like it would be the worst of all possibilities. Big open areas, no cover, enemies camping all the best spots? Thanks but no thanks. I'd pass on that in a second. Part of being able to play with my toys is having a chance to play with them, and that won't happen if I get immediately sniped, rocketed, and Supered anywhere I go. And on the flip side, I don't particularly want to camp and nuke random people either.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread