Playing Destiny on the Xbone... (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 03:59 (3282 days ago) @ Korny

I think your Xbone is broken... never had any of those problems. Might try doing a hard reset (hold down power button until it powers down completely and then unplug power for 10 seconds or so), but if you still have problems like any of the ones you described I would send a support ticket into Microsoft.

As far as the DVR recording more than 30 seconds, that is my one major complaint about the Game DVR compared to the PS4's. You have to snap the Game DVR app and then choose "capture previous x minutes." Meaning you double tap the xbox button, hit up on the stick and then choose Game DVR. The one thing I'm hoping for is there are rumors that they are going to increase it to 30 minutes in the future so you don't have to worry about doing it quickly if you want to catch something (or if you want to capture a whole multiplayer match for example). I normally wouldn't give them any credit at all, but I do know there is supposed to be an update to the live TV functionality of the XB1, so an increased buffer size for the DVR would make sense.

And for how I personally use the XB1: the Kinect. It's actually awesome with the XB1 and I love it. It annoys me when an XB1 I'm using doesn't have it. And they of course designed the interface to use the Kinect because it used to be required to at least get one when you bought the XB1.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread