Playing Destiny on the Xbone... (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, May 11, 2015, 18:41 (3280 days ago) @ Korny

And a hilariously odd confrontation... Is this how the enemy sees us?

ROFL

I can't imagine the game is always this laggy, but when it isn't kicking me off, it's doing the things in Patrol areas.

It definitely isn't always like that, at least not for me.

Also, the unweildy Xbone DVR doesn't record audio anymore, and online suggestions (MAC address/ app deletion stuff) don't work. This happen to anyone else?

Hasn't happened to me, no. I suppose if it were possible to delete and re-install Game DVR that might help, but it probably isn't - I'm thinking factory reset is probably the only thing that would actually affect the basic system apps.

I suppose you could try changing different audio settings on the console. Maybe some specific condition with the way your audio's set led to a bug? Maybe even just change things, and then change them back.

And a weird thing to note; it let me join a level 8 strike as level 3, and even though I only have the Trial version of Destiny, it matched me up with a level 32 that had Crota gear. That was interesting...

TBH that seems more like an issue with Destiny itself, or at least with the trial functinality. Also, LOL.

Lastly, supposedly you can record the last five minutes of Gameplay, but my clips are only ever 26-29 seconds long, and all of the online help involves Kinect. Anything that I can do? Seriously have no idea how Xbone users have survived with this jumbled mess.

Snap the Game DVR app and it will let you grab up to 5 minutes of prior gameplay. You can also tell it to start recording and then just let it go - though I think there still might be a 5 minute max? Not sure on that, I don't actually use the "start recording" function much.

Totally agree, though, that I would like to see an option to set default clip length. I'm sure the reason it defaults to 30 seconds is to avoid using gobs of the user's bandwidth since it uploads them automatically, but all they'd really need is a warning when changing the setting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread