If you don't have a kinect, you don't have an xbone [EDIT] (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, May 13, 2015, 08:07 (3279 days ago) @ Korny

That's neat. I'm sure people will get some use out of it, but... why doesn't this work through headsets? Why does it NEED Kinect to work?

If I were to guess, most of the voice processing is done in the Kinect unit itself and any transfer of work to the main Xbox unit would cause noticeable performance drop. Considering how the PS4 is already clearly superior in gaming horsepower, it would be too much for the marketing team to try to compensate.

We bough the Kinect late in the 360's life cycle, and we still regretted it. If the only incentive is TV and slightly-more-competent recording features, then no thanks. Keeping features locked behind it for the sake of making you want it is the exact thing that I stated that I hated earlier. It's marketing ploys like that that make me NOT want to ever buy it.

+1. To this day I must've used my 360 Kinect 3 or 4 times. Had it for more almost 2 years before buying myself the One. :(

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread