Luke Smith and the Future of Destiny (Destiny)

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, June 18, 2015, 13:17 (3254 days ago) @ CyberKN

"Cuz we wanna wear his ass like a hat!"

"shooting mechanics that are intrinsically fun, but not extrinsically rewarding... The extrinsic then trumps the intrinsic..."

-Same Guy

I love Luke Smith.

On a serious note, via various sources (this one included) I believe some awesome things are on the way to us.

-Weapons and Armor being acquired in more creative and varied ways (similar to the exotic bounties, but not just exclusive to exotics)
-Weapons and Armor dropping from specific areas or bosses outside of raids (I always expected this, but it never happened) Bungie always said, we would have encounters where we got some weapon, and we could take people to go get it... That happened for a few weapons, but was very (too much) dependent on RNG and almost exclusive to the Raids. Expanding this idea is a good call.
-A much bigger emphasis on the things that are truly original and great (The Vault of Glass experience)

My guess is that the Dreadnaught is going to be similar to the Vault of Glass, but even bigger. By that I mean that there will be lots and lots of explorable space, secrets, and puzzles, with this area accessible via the Patrol, with the Raid being it's own hulking beast of a space. In one interview (can't remember!), Luke says this is the "biggest raid yet." I take that to mean physical space akin to the style of VoG. This is good news.

The one thing I am not so sure is going enough in the right direction is significantly better story telling in Destiny. I just wish there were ways to tell the story of the Grimoire in game...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread