The Stanley Parable & Destiny. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, June 18, 2015, 13:50 (3253 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I LOVE the way Luke handled this segment. Jeff has a tendency to speak very loud and authoritatively in a way that can sometimes railroad the conversation, but Luke did a fantastic job of addressing his questions and concerns while still turning the conversation around in constructive ways. He really is great at both sides of an interview. Some nice moments of genuine transparency as well.

I think Luke did an amazing job handling the interview.

One thing that Jeff complained about is how the missions "all felt the same", that they "had the same recipe" which is kinda true, you go there & have your ghost do this, go to the other place & wait while your ghost does that, go get the red key to open this door, now go get the blue key, push this button to open the door, push that button to... blah blah blah. I have yet to see a game that doesn't have that problem to some extent, that's part of what made the Stanley Parable so freakin' great (I'm talking the original mod, not the game, I have yet to play that), it totally pointed that problem out to players and made fun of it while doing it at the same time. Halo 1 had the same problem, especially in the Library. I just don't understand why Destiny was criticized for it so much more than other games, maybe it just stands out more in Destiny for some reason. (Dinklebot?) I dunno. I'll just blissfully keep pushing the button to make something happen because I'm told to do, and I'll have fun doing it, that's what gaming is after all.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread