The cost of Destiny (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 20:48 (3250 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Have you ever hear anybody complain a movie was too short? Say that Guardians of the Galaxy only gave them two hours of entertainment, when Titanic gave them three? No! In fact, most complaints about films are that they are TOO LONG.

Sure. I'd use the recent movie version of Ender's Game as an example. A lot of my friends and I thought it generally did the book justice but felt that it moved too quickly from scene to scene. That while it did an ok job with any plot point it tried to show, it could have taken a little more time to add a bit more weight or emotion or understanding in various places.

So why aren't games made like that? Why aren't they the absolute most concentrated experience that can be provided, with all the fluff and bullshit removed, and just leave the fun? They should be, and they largely used to be.

Differences of opinion, mainly? What some see as a waste of time others see as good or necessary.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread