Star Wars *OT* (Off-Topic)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, July 12, 2015, 14:36 (3231 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I literally yawned watching that, but by the end I was grinning a bit.
It's all so much smoke and mirrors still.
They're clearly trying to deliver the message, "It'll be good this time! It'll be like old Star Wars! Remember old Star Wars, you loved that, come on, just see one movie." The people who have issues with one section or another of the Star Wars universe seem to focus on the writing, and we know next to nothing about the script, and we won't know anything substantial until release or close to it.

Um, not true. We know Lawrence effing Kasdan co-wrote it. Harrison Ford said this Friday: "I never thought it would come back to bless me instead of haunt me. ... I was very gratified when I read the script, because I read something that I thought was really remarkable. Well written, with some intriguing developments. So I was delighted to be involved."

I really feel sorry for people around your age, because I think it's particularly difficult for you to understand what made Star Wars special. It's been diluted, copied, and corrupted in so many ways over the years. The vibe I get is that this movie is being made for me by people who loved the original trilogy like I did. I'm excited. I didn't feel that way at first, but everything I've seen is speaking to me. I'm the old guy--why are YOU so cynical?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread