So don't play a Defender . . . (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, October 03, 2015, 19:21 (3098 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm not complaining that I didn't do well. I knew I was going to do terrible. I'm trying to shed Light on how badly the Defender subclass fares and offer useful, reasonable suggestions on how it can be fixed.

It's funny how often people say that Defender is overpowered, because pretty much nothing outside of a Super can counter it, and Defender apologists are like "Good! They should only be weak against other Supers."
And now we have a playlist all about Supers, and they're like "our Defense-based class that is only weak against Supers is weak against Supers! It needs a buff!"

"..."

The playlist definitely favors offense-based Supers (and ranged ones at that), so playing as the zero-range defense class is going to be a huge disadvantage. You want more buffs to the shield? How would that fare in regular playlists, where only four of the nine Subclasses can successfully beat a bubble Titan as it is now, and only when their Supers are full?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread