What a terrible review... (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, February 24, 2016, 18:35 (3035 days ago) @ Korny

Increased range? Nearly useless, it's a sniper.

Nope, Range affects accuracy, because it's tied to stuff like magnetism. More range is more better, especially with a low-zoom scope (which this has). Easier headshots lead to more kills (and more Outlaw).

I'm aware. Nearly useless.

Outlaw? Don't need it, if I'm using this I'm far enough away to reload between kills.

And if you need to snipe multiple folks (or rez-snipe, which the Eirene can do) and you used your last round?
On top of that, Eirene is the best Legendary PvE sniper, and faster reload is invaluable when you've got lots of enemies that you need to drop quickly (Such as the Ogres during the Oryx Fight, and the Knights).

It's all right for PvP, yes. The final Oryx fight I also don't think it's needed. I use this gun during that fight when I have touch of malice on. If you have touch of malice though, the sniper doesn't even come out for the ogres. The knights are double shot, and you don't have to kill more than one. It's a wasted perk. That said, I tend to just use black spindle and just kill them in one.

Clown cartridge? That's all right, but triple tap is much better since it's a reliable free round every time.

It's more reliable, yes, assuming you're a perfect shot and you're landing crits on multiple enemies (PvE bosses are your best bet).

Right.

PvP stuff.

Yes, I agree. Clown cartridge's extra round is nice, but, again, unreliable.

So, I'd put it at 6/10. It has some perks for PvP that are good, but not great, and it has no real benefit in the normal game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread