“So, the way we think about it is…[canned answer]”

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 10:25 (3957 days ago) @ kapowaz

Despite us now having seen in-game footage and having had all these interviews, I still feel like Bungie are being evasive when it comes to answering questions. The MMO question keeps coming up, but I find their answers dissatisfying. Yes, it's a shooter, but that isn't mutually exclusive with the MMO genre. I get the feeling they're avoiding that key abbreviation simply because they're worried it'll scare some players off. That might be a legitimate concern, but it still feels like they're intentionally not discussing certain key gameplay mechanics that people obviously want to know about.

This is what I talked about before when it comes to having a dialogue with Bungie. We'd like to understand the game better. Sure, we're going to pore over every screenshot and video and try and glean what we can from that, but from the horse's mouth is obviously better. Yes, some things are going to change, some features aren't going to make the cut. But I still feel there's scope for Bungie to communicate a little more candidly about just how this game will work.

Yeah, well. In 2000 describing a top-notch shooter on a console with a two-weapon limitation turned quite a few people away. That's to say that often playing the game is even better than hearing something from the horse's mouth.

It could be that they don't want to scare people away by using "MMO," but it could be (and I believe it is the case) that they see MMO as an inaccurate descriptor. That's a pretty good reason not to use it, too.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread