Amazing interview (Gaming)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, March 03, 2016, 15:40 (2983 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Does it need that? Yeah, of course. There are tons of new gamers showing up all the time. Kids, people getting back into games, et cetera. I've never played a Call of Duty game since the first one until a few months ago. I'm continuing to not bother because I don't know the story.

This genuinely surprises me. I played every Call of Duty up through the first Black Ops. I could not tell you a goddamn thing that happens in any of the stories. I didn't realize anyone really cared. None of them seemed all that interesting--it always seemed like it was just there because it was expected.

I never played modern warfare 1 (I know, blaspheme since I worked on earlier CoD titles, but whatever), but jumped straight into MW2 and it didn't bother me one bit. Each game has its own story. Maybe it's nice to know how it relates to the other games sometimes, but that's not needed at all. You shoot the bad guys.

---

That being said, the ending of MW3 was one of the most satisfying video game endings I've ever seen (right up there with Silent Hill 2). Christ it was good.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread