Hey DBO E3 Away Team

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, June 24, 2013, 03:27 (3931 days ago) @ Avateur

A quick series of questions for you all!

What was the coolest non-Destiny thing you saw at E3? ("thing" can mean game, some crazy outfit, Jason Jones, whatever)

Cliffy B. (with his girlfriend?) walking up to a random Bungie employee at the front entrance of the Destiny theatre and getting denied. It was beautiful. Someone else recognized him soon enough, but that awkward minute and a half was timeless.

What non-Destiny game for any console got you the most excited to see more of or play?

I was only there the last day so I didn't have much time to explore but I liked what I saw of Titanfall, though I'm generally not a fan of the more twitchy and fast-paced shooters.

And finally, if it's even possible to answer this, what one thing from the Destiny gameplay just had you in total awe beyond all the other awes you saw in said gameplay?

The moment when the subwoofers really kicked in was absolutely stunning. It was near the end of the demonstration as the Fallen ships drop out of hyperspace, the Russian colony ship collapses in the distance, the shockwave hits and the Fallen ships come roaring overhead. I loved the sound design throughout but that part was totally mental.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread