Some more quotes I liked

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 24, 2013, 20:45 (3958 days ago) @ Xenos

On weapon customization:

The particular weapon you’re talking about is the exotic machinegun, the Thunder Lord I think, so that particular weapon has a fairly linear upgrade path, but there are others that are much less linear in the game. Some of these upgrade trees have got choices, where you’re going to have to decide “Am I going to do this, or am I doing to do that?”; you can’t have all of the upgrades.

So for example: I could have a pulse rifle and say “Well, do I want my pulse rifle to have more ammo capacity, so I can shoot for longer without reloading? Or do I want my reload time to be shorter, so I can reload more effectively?” -- that’s one example of a choice you might make that will change your playstyle. Some players might go “Well, I’m going to be going into competitive multiplayer a lot more often, so I’m going to go one way”, or “I want a bigger clip, so I can go another way on a weapon”.

On social features:

We’re also showing that we want Destiny to be a world that you can interact with, wherever you are. So there’s going to be the ability for you, on mobile devices, or any devices really, for you to reach out to the game-world and stay connected to it no matter where you are.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread