Destiny: Current Gen Vs. Next Gen

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 07:05 (3970 days ago)

How is Destiny going to be different on current gen consoles vs next gen consoles? Obviously, there will be differences in the graphics quality as I would expect the next gen consoles to be able to handle higher graphics, but what about functionality? Will there be features missing on current gen consoles? For example, I know Destiny is going to be a persistent online world and I have seen articles and interviews where it is mentioned that the next gen consoles are allowing developers to really expand what they can do with games and persistent online worlds. So if a next gen console allows developers "more", than it stands to reason that a current gen console allows developers "less". How does this affect Destiny on current gen consoles.

To put it simply, I'm not rolling in cash, and video game purchases are a rare commodity for me. I buy maybe one game a year, if that. And I fully intend to get Destiny. So if Destiny plays perfectly on the Xbox 360, barring the loss in graphics quality, then what, if any, incentive is there for me to justify purchasing a next gen console currently? Forget the myriad features list of the Xbox One or the PS4. None of that makes a big difference to me. What I really want to know is: Graphics aside, Why is Destiny better or the Next Gen Consoles compared to the current Gen?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread