Game playlist in preparation for Destiny

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 10:14 (3969 days ago)

Once I finish my BioShock Infinite 1999 playthrough, here's what I have in mind and how it might foreshadow Destiny (see parentheticals).

Note: Some of these are old as the hills, but I have very limited time for gaming, and I'm an extremely picky creature of habit. I'll play ODST for the 10th time rather than play something new. Many of these have been in my stack for a very long time. Once Destiny comes out I may never get to them, so I'm planning ways to make the wait for Destiny go faster.

Journey/Dark Souls
(seamless matchmaking)
The Last of Us
(Good storytelling/believable characters/world--exploration)
I just have to figure out how to do this without buying a PS3.

Dishonored
(Player choice affects the world. Strong narrative. Destiny foreshadowing might be a stretch, admittedly--this got pushed aside by BioShock, and I want to start over because I very much liked the taste I got!)

Mass Effect 3 with all the DLC
I haven't done the latter yet, and I've still got a femshep character who deserves to have her story finished.

([semi-]space magic, dialogue trees [we didn't get a denial!])

Red Dead Redemption
Finish it finally--yeah, yeah, I know it's sad, especially considering how much I've enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure my last save is near the resolution of the storyline.

(huge explorable world with day/night cycles, long character story arc, co-op missions[?])

Portal 2
(play designed for co-op [and I guess I should play Portal 1 in preparation])

Borderlands
(Highly customizable characters, co-op action.)

Half Life 2: Episode 2
(smooth-as-silk FPS, episodic releases of content [one can hope!].)

Also, to be enjoyed irrespective of Destiny, BioShock Infinite DLC!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread