HC's are borderline unusable in PvP with the range nerf... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, June 17, 2016, 14:16 (2930 days ago) @ slycrel

I've found that on the doctrine if you're not hitting their head at least 1/3 or so of the time the TTK is often too low. But maybe I need to switch to bumper jumper and get better at aiming. ;)

Good advice, thanks!

Yeah, crits do make a big difference with DoP, but I find that to be true with most of the primaries that I typically use. I have the same issue with Mida. Crits make it deadly, but body shots feel like they take forever to down a target (I don't actually know how many body shots it takes to kill a full-health opponent... 7? 8?). That being said, Mida has such a fast rate of fire that I've had surprising success with it at mid/close range while hip-firing. If I get caught in a close range situation and I don't have time to switch to my fusion rifle and charge a shot, I'll spam body shots into my target while dancing around them. I can often hit them with 2 or 3 shots real fast, then finish them off with a melee. Seems to catch people off guard.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread