Thoughts on possible new PvP Game Mode? (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 14:21 (2925 days ago) @ dogcow

So, I'm curious what people think the new game mode will be.

My first thoughts were some variation of Juggernaut or Oddball, maybe CTF (Steal their light Guardian!).

What could the possible tweaks to Juggernaut be (aside from shields)? Increased charge rates?

Odds are that it would have to fit with the existing maps. That said, Rift is not available on any of the Launch maps (and only on a couple of non-TTK maps), so who knows if it could have its own dedicated maps.

I'd love to see a larger-scale gametype that takes advantage of bigger maps such as Bastion and First Light (maybe even the awful Skyshock), but the best that I can think of would be a BTB style gametype that might get too frantic.

If I had to guess, I'm going to say that it's likely going to be a King of the Hill gametype, since all of the things needed for one already exist (though a Hardpoint variant would be less grief-friendly).

What I would love to see is a Juggernaut gametype that gives the juggernaut Saladin's Flaming Axe. That would be fun...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread