Thoughts on possible new PvP Game Mode? (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 16:27 (3019 days ago) @ dogcow

So, I'm curious what people think the new game mode will be.

My first thoughts were some variation of Juggernaut or Oddball, maybe CTF (Steal their light Guardian!).

What could the possible tweaks to Juggernaut be (aside from shields)? Increased charge rates?

I'd love to see some other items introduced to the PvP side. If there was a "Big Team" variant added then we could have some cool possibilities. The control beacons we some times get in PvE could be added. limited use turrets could be deployed at those beacons. Maybe this is a type of king of the hill gametype (rift/control variation)

Also Mayhem shows that they are willing to have a little fun. This could easily be modified into a juggernaut type of game. make this a 6 person free for all. The juggernaut gets extra shields, super quick punches and recharges, increase movement speed. To counter this, No weapons or maybe primaries only when being the juggernaut.

I really hope in Destiny 2 that they allow some form of Forge/Custom Games. Giving people tools to build things just brings out the best in the creativity of your player base.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread