Owning all 3 (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, July 04, 2016, 23:22 (2903 days ago) @ kidtsunami

• XB1 Elite, by far the best controller, hands down, I re-bought Rocket League to play on XB1
  • Regular XB1, Solid overall feel and great stick placement
  • DS4, Great feel, weird triggers and weird sticks

I used to think that. I hated the stick placement on the PS3 controller. I assumed it would feel just as bad on the DS4. Somehow, it doesn't. It feels natural. I also bought those Destiny themed Kontrol Freak thumbstick, which feel great. I'll agree about the triggers on the DS4--I wish they were a little more trigger-like, a bit longer with more pull. I definitely prefer the Xbox controller for racing games because the triggers feel better and feel like they have more sensitivity.

Overall, I'll agree that the Elite is the best controller I've ever used, period. Granted, I've only used one for a bit over and hour. The DS4 edges out the regular XB1 controller, though. I'm eager to try one of new controllers for the One S and see how it stacks up, but I'm don't think it'll match the DS4 for me. I think the DS4 just fits my hands better.

Anyway, it's all just opinion. But as a long time hater of all the Playstation controllers, I just assumed the DS4 would be just as awful and uncomfortable. It's absolutely not, to the point that I think it's my favorite standard console controller.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread