Have you used a Duke recently? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, July 07, 2016, 01:39 (2900 days ago) @ someotherguy
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, July 07, 2016, 02:00

Just genuinely curious.

I got an original Xbox shortly after launch, and had it well into the 360's lifecycle (I got a 360 when the Elite came out), and I never did upgrade to a Controller S because I thought it was too small and uncomfortable. I always loved the Duke, even after experiencing the near perfection of the 360 controller.

About a month ago, I was at a buddy's house and he busted out his original Xbox and four Duke controllers for a little Fuzion Frenzy (still a great game!). My opinion now stands corrected. The Duke is an awful, awful controller, only slightly better than whatever garbage controllers Nintendo has made for their last four consoles. It's too big, it weighs eight pounds, the button placement is awful.

I'm sorry, Duke, I wish I hadn't tried to rekindle our relationship. I wish I could have just continued to remember you fondly, but I can no longer justify your flaws.

Edit: I'm not trying to be snarky you say you're wrong about the Duke. Just saying that up until about a month ago, I'd have agreed with you, but actually using one for the first time in five or six years showed me that I was wrong.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread