I'm So Overjoyed!! (Gaming)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, July 16, 2016, 23:11 (2844 days ago) @ Xenos

The difference is that the mini-NES has games people would actually like to play . . .

(:

Just because you didn't play them doesn't mean they're not worth playing ;)

Four Sonic games, original Ecco, Kid Chameleon, both Vectormans, and the real versions of the Mortal Kombat games (uncensored unlike the Nintendo versions). Not to mention one of the games I was addicted to for months as a kid: Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

All of those are great games, and not even the only ones on there that are good, just the ones I'm interested in. It's just sad that Phantasy Star 3 isn't on the list.

I don't know, I think I agree with cheapLEY on this one.

Ecco wasn't my cup of tea, and though the sonic games are great, I think they're balanced out by the NES' Mario games (which also includes the original arcade game MARIO BROS. *squee!*).

Other than that, Nintendo has got:
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
FINAL FANTASY
Galaga
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS
GRADIUS
Mario Bros.
MEGA MAN 2
Metroid (!)
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN
SUPER C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda

All great games that I loved in my childhood. Sure there are games that it doesn't have, like Afterburner, 1942, Metal Gear and Snakes Revenge. But it possesses the majority of it's top-tier games.

The Mega Drive has:

Golden Axe
Golden Axe 2
Golden Axe 3
Motal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2
Mortal Kombat 3
Shinobi 3
Streets Of Rage 1
Streets Of Rage 2
Streets Of Rage 3

Good, event great titles to some people, but not nearly as many stellar entries as the NES. More importantly they DON'T have Earthworm Jim, Bubsy, Desert Strike, Granada, TOEJAM AND EARL (unforgivable), Strider, Another World, so many stellar titles that were left out.

Sure the extra controller is nice, but in this day and age of the (nearly) dead couch-coop it isn't the selling point it once was.

If I had to choose one (and with space at a premium these days I might), I'd probably go with the NES mini. Quality over quantity, as it were.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread