Mission (partly) Accomplished! (DBO)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 16:41 (2803 days ago) @ Kermit

For the last month, ever since the Year Two Moments of Triumph was announced, the less than flawless crew on the Playstation has been fighting and losing against Oryx on hard mode. Hours and hours we fought with no success. At first we couldn't kill all the knights. Then we couldn't kill the shade. If anything could go wrong, it did. When we finally got to the (16) bomb stage, some of the bombs didn't detonate, or someone (mea culpa) didn't go to the right bombs. Last night we finally got it!

Special thanks to Ottermack and Speedracer for sitting in. You guys helped a lot.

Thanks also to Pyromancy, Canecutter, Laidcleric, Bigarm, marmot, Kupkake, and Destroyoboy, and anybody else I've left out who have participated in our "practice runs." Everybody kept a good attitude, even after countless failures.

The coolest thing about the last several weeks was watching us get better. We figured out how to use our strengths in combination, making refinements as we went. We each found our role, learning to toss a grenade here, or preserve our supers for this or that time. This week especially there was no doubt that we could get it done--it was only a matter of time.

Our work isn't done, though. Bigarm and marmot still need a hardmode win (we might ask the PS4 flawless team for help with that), and many of us still need to do the challenge mode (this week!). Keep your eyes peeled for an event.

Destiny raiding provides some of the coolest experiences I've had in gaming.

Kermit

P.S. If someone gets an Oryx checkpoint [hard and/or normal mode], let me know.

Can't thank you enough for hosting the (many) events and for having a laid back atmosphere. It is fun to play with you all. Thanks for being welcoming to a DBO lurker. The Fireteam Builder is such a great asset to the boards - I would have not have finished Year 1 or Year 2 Moments of Triumph without the FTB.
Thanks for giving me an easy role (2nd platform) and being patient as I re-learned all the Oryx mechanics again
(I slowly raised my light level between each time we had an event - I hate crucible but I finished The Mountaintop and playing alot of Iron Banner helped gain gear too)

Sorry for the confusion on that bombs location. I was partially responsible for that one, in a big way.

I still need the Oryx fragment and can't wait to get that one done. Should be a breeze now. Hopefully there will be an event for that. I'm not that good but I'd be glad to help anyone left that needs the hard mode complete.

I also need the Golgoroth Challenge when it comes around again. I'll probably make an event for that, but will need someone to lead it up.

I was along for a VoG or Crota run along time ago with the Deeply flawed raiders and have always considered myself an honorary member. After running Oryx a bunch of times hopefully I have bolstered my honorary status :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread