Moar like Rise of Grain Effect... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 09, 2016, 00:55 (2847 days ago)

I really hope I'm not just going crazy, but is anyone else noticing a crazy amount of grain effects after the update? Especially on the character screen (maybe making some of the text and icons smaller brings it out more).

And it's weird that it actually has to load the effect onto the screen (open up your menu, and it won't be there until your character loads).

I'm normally not bothered by it, but it's really sticking out to me for some reason...

Xbox. Looks fine to me.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, September 09, 2016, 01:13 (2847 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Moar like Rise of Grain Effect...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 09, 2016, 01:16 (2847 days ago) @ Korny

The bright blue background behind my Striker looks to maybe have a fine grain but I don't think there's a Mass Effect-like film grain being overlaid or anything...

Unpopular opinion

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 09, 2016, 01:25 (2847 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I actually liked the grainy look of Mass Effect 1.

+1

by cheapLEY @, Friday, September 09, 2016, 01:28 (2847 days ago) @ stabbim

I did, too. Partly it helped hide the godawful textures in that game.

+1

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 09, 2016, 02:02 (2847 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I thought it was ok but film grain didn't strike me as the correct effect for a awesomely slick sci-fi setting so I usually turned it off. (That and I turned off ANYTHING that might maybe be adding to the texture pop in problems... :p )

+1

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, September 09, 2016, 02:06 (2847 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Korny's right

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 09, 2016, 03:35 (2847 days ago) @ Korny

I'm seeing it too, and I'm on XBox One.

I noticed it in the tower and in menus. TBH, I had forgotten about it by the time I got to an actual mission, so either it's not present there, or it's not significant enough for my brain to notice it in combat mode.

Upon closer inspection, I really am not crazy...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 09, 2016, 04:43 (2847 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Korny, Friday, September 09, 2016, 04:47

Before and after update:

[image][image]

Example 2:

Before, and after:

[image][image]

I really don't think it's just the coloration and background effects, either. If you look at the large outer circle in the first example, you can see the high amount of grain added to it. And like I said, it's an effect that visually kicks in upon loading a screen. Wonder why they did that...

Thanks for the photos. This needs to be fixed

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, September 09, 2016, 05:39 (2847 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, September 09, 2016, 05:48

Thanks for the photos

Maybe this is needed for snow particles or some other effect for Rise of Iron environments. It could also be a bug, accident, or total fluke.
This needs to be fixed. And by fixed I don't mean adjusted or turned down. I mean like removed. If it requires a toggle in the menu then so be it. Obfuscating your game or art is not really that ok with me. Given the choice I will turn off the grain, even if it means no falling snow in Felwinter's Peak.

Thanks for the photos. This needs to be fixed

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, September 09, 2016, 06:22 (2847 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Plus it's giving people headaches/migraines apparently. Less than ideal.

Moar like Rise of Grain Effect...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, September 09, 2016, 10:19 (2847 days ago) @ Korny

Is the grain static, or animated?

Animated. Also, Cozmo's acknowledged it...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, September 09, 2016, 11:47 (2847 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hopefully they get rid of it entirely, or at least give us a toggle, but they're looking into it.

Animated. Also, Cozmo's acknowledged it...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, September 09, 2016, 13:45 (2847 days ago) @ Korny

Interesting. His response would SEEM to indicate that this wasn't intentional, although it could just be that no one told Cozmo. :P

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread