Really not sure what you're asking... (Gaming)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, September 15, 2016, 12:44 (2784 days ago) @ Cody Miller

How much "Hey! Let's do audio logs! Naughty Dog does it and they're awesome so hey!" is going on?

Audio Logs have been around for a good long while (Bioshock cause a huge resurgence back in 07, I think). I'm not sure what you're saying...

It's really easy to see why they suck after you play a great story baed series that introduced them later. Compare MGS V to any of the older games.

I dunno. MGS has always essentially had its audio logs front and center with the random Codec conversations. Hours upon hours of audio-based dialogue that didn't pertain to the immediate plot, but served as world-building? sounds like audio logs to me

They are nothing alike. Codec conversations happen between characters in real time right in front of you. It makes sense in terms of the narrative. You call the Colonel while you are being peed on, and he offers his sympathies and you talk about that for a bit about how that feels and smells. They are talking to each other, as if there is nobody listening because they are real characters. It doesn't matter that it isn't about the plot at hand directly.

No One Lives Forever... this was the icing on the cake, hearing the henchmen's conversations, hilarious.

http://kotaku.com/5890111/no-one-lives-forever-had-the-smartest-bad-guys

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread