Thanks to the Backpack Raiders! (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Monday, September 19, 2016, 16:41 (2828 days ago) @ rellekh
edited by Robot Chickens, Monday, September 19, 2016, 17:15

I just wanted to jump in and share my own thoughts too.

In the midst of a crazy few months involving funerals, family emergencies, weddings, work-related travel, purchasing a home and moving, Rellekh and I haven't exactly had a lot of time to play Destiny and we saw our chances at finishing Year 2 MoT disappearing quickly. We needed a challenge mode win and a hard mode completion. When we saw that the challenges opened up this week, we decided to make a go of it on our one free evening. We were packing all week, moved on Friday/Saturday but internet wouldn't be set up until this next Tuesday, so we left our xboxes at the old place and set up camp on Sunday night.

[image]

It started out smoothly all the way through the War Priest with only one wipe. Then Unoudid rustled up an Oryx Checkpoint for us and we skipped ahead to the real challenge.

Every time I've attempted this, the group always gets really close and then something happens. One bomb doesn't detonate, or Oryx takes no damage from the bombs, or something else so demoralizing occurs that the crew splits up.

We had our share of that last night as well. Oryx straight-up possessed Zero's character at one point causing our team to wipe at the final round (see Rellekh's post for vid). But with perseverance, and Zero's patient coaching, we pulled through. I joyfully watched a million Destiny-related completion messages flicker across my screen as Oryx's lifeless body floated towards Saturn.

[image]

Thanks Mig and Wu for the final push! Rellekh already mentioned everyone so I won't do that again, but please know that you are all appreciated! You all are incredibly selfless and that's part of what makes this community great.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread