:/

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, July 15, 2013, 17:12 (3941 days ago) @ electricpirate

I see this line of thought, and the way in which slow-movement ADS continues to proliferate itself through the industry, and I get sad. It's like even people who made awesome shooters in the 90's have totally forgotten why they made some of the decisions they did and what about them worked.

In a perfect world the ghost would work how you describe. Unfortunately, many players take the easy/safe route (On legendary, I know that I did!), and sit back with the ghost spamming blue goo till things fall over. It was an effective but boring strategy, since the ghost was mobile enough to dodge damage.

Exactly; that's what I did, and it wasn't because I wanted to so much as because I wanted to get through those areas and the boredom was less rage-inducing than dying over and over at what seemed like reasonable distances.

I think the best strategy would have been to retrofit that motherfucker with a shotgun, something with damage that falls off really quickly, can't be spammed, has a slow ROF, but is devastating up close.

That sounds interesting, but how would it work with a vehicle, let alone a Covenant vehicle?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread