What are we getting for our money? (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Monday, October 31, 2016, 00:14 (2785 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm not hard-line *against* Microtransactions, but the way Bungie continues to add them into the game feels increasingly gross to me. This latest Festival of the Lost is ripe with Microtransactions... The voice in my head can't help but say "isn't this the content that was supposed to be funded by previous Microtransactions?". It doesn't even feel like game content to me. It feels like an in-universe shopping spree. It's just so crass.

This.

Last year I had a ball with FotL collecting candy and chasing down masks, it was exactly the type of thing that'd bring me back to the game this year now that I'm largely beginning to feel apathetic about it. Unfortunately, there's literally no incentive for me to do anything in the event at all. Why should I bother to wear masks and collect candy when my reward is a mask I already have in my vault, or an RNG draw for consumables, which again, I have in my vault. The new stuff, the GOOD stuff, the stuff that I would've been able to get last year just for turning in a bag of candy, is all locked behind a paywall. That's straight up awful, and as a result I've sat most of the event out.

But I guess props for giving us a kiosk to pull masks out of or whatever.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread