The Hive are not special per se (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 11:56 (2689 days ago) @ Durandal

The Darkness operates under Highlander rules, "There can be only one".

And they are very clear about that. A thing's worth is based solely on its ability to exist, the worms say over and over. So what do the Hive think is going to happen once it's down to themselves and their Worm "allies"?

So they can have secrets, knowledge above and beyond, but they cannot actively use it themselves.

Which seems very odd but not completely unprecedented. The wars between the Vorlons and the Shadows in Babylon 5 comes to mind. While those two races did sometimes actively involves themselves in the fighting, they more often tried to convince the younger races of each period that their side, Light (order) vs Darkness (chaos), was the correct choice.

Maybe something similar is going on here. The worms, while seemingly very powerful, do not seem interested in directly carrying out their philosophy. At the same time, the Traveler seems to raise up and arm races but leaves the area when the when the going gets tough.

The Akahambra, the worms, both...

I can't wait to get to the Hive's war against the Harmony. As the Borg Queen once said:

You imply disparity where (I believe) none exist.

But that's jumping a little too far ahead, oh explainer mine. ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread