Ready to jump back in to No Man's Sky? (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 27, 2016, 14:28 (2726 days ago)

Hello Games just dropped a substantial update to No Man's Sky: The Foundation Update.

Adds base-building, freighters, new resources and technologies, and promises of more to come (story of my life, right?).

I guess maybe NMS is a dead horse, but I'm genuinely curious if this is enough for anyone to jump back into the game. I understood where folks were coming from with the outrage over No Man's Sky, even though I think pretty much all of it was overblown. I also think No Man's Sky was an okay game for what it was, even though I found it ultimately a bit disappointing and lacking (I still think Starbound is a much, much better space exploration game). I'm not sure this update does much to fix that. What's the point of building a base? In Starbound, like Minecraft, it's about making a place feel like home. I can design a base exactly how I want and fill it with digital stuff that I crafted. Building a base seems pointless without a deep crafting system to go along with it, and I see no mention of that, so I have to question why I would build something that looks like it uses the same 12 prefabbed rooms I've already seen a thousand times in that game.

Still, I might check it out once I've finished Dishonored 2, just out of sheer curiosity.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread