I would like to use Witcher 3 as a counterpoint... (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 27, 2016, 16:54 (2726 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Cody Miller, Sunday, November 27, 2016, 16:58

But it is not an investment system as implemented in that game. Leveling up and gaining new skills does not automatically mean investment.

What world do you live in? Is it fun there?

You have such narrow definitions for everything, I swear I need a Cody Miller dictionary just to have a discussion with you. It's exhausting.

You can't have it both ways, Cody. The skill points in Deus Ex aren't any different than the ones in The Witcher 3 or Dishonored or even Destiny.

To ask if something is part of an investment system, as yourself if grinding it gives you any benefit. You can't grind in Deus Ex at all, since the EXP is given out as the game progresses, in fixed places and amounts, and the game has a finite duration. The augmentations are discovered in the game world. It's simply a part of progressing through the game.

You CAN grind say, Destiny's subclass skills (and in fact have to with the 3rd subclass).

Ask yourself if time or spent money determines your final skill set. That will tell you if it's part of an investment system. Another way to tell is to see if the resource that determines your power (items, exp, whatever) is in infinite supply.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread