My ME Rankings (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, February 02, 2017, 15:11 (2647 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yep. ME2's suicide mission is fantastic, especially the first time through. Starting with the jump through the Mu Relay really until the epilogue cutscenes you really have no idea if you did everything well enough or if you made the right decisions.

And then, like you said, the moment to moment gameplay, especially the part with the vent controls, changes it from "I have this chest high wall and am thus invincible" to "oh crap, I actually have to hurry and push up through these enemies!" Of course, it's not quite as amazing the next times through because you sorta figure out what does and doesn't work and what length of time you really have or don't have.

That said, just the fact that the whole suicide mission is as well paced and challenging as it is without being frustrating is an outstanding accomplishment. Just think if they'd done something like starting your squad out in a circular room with little cover, snipers aiming at you, and a powerful Krogan charging your position. Something like that would have been terrible! :p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread