When’s the last time you went 16 and 0?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 23:14 (3917 days ago) @ Xenos

We started off this round of Reach games much like we did a few weeks ago, with an outstanding win on Uncaged. The other team wasn’t incompetent but they weren’t very coordinated. We beat them with an easy 50 - 28. My favorite part was Helping pick off a couple of guys who were waiting for Xenos to come out of armor lock in the middle of the walkway between the sniper tower and the opposite end of the map.

For game 2 our party did a very quick oddball victory on Swordbase. Quick, because the other team quit all except one guy. One guy who managed to kill two of us on the stairs above the shotgun before he also quit.

Game 3 was an Invasion Slayer game set around the Spire. Our team of Spartans tore through the Elites with great use of obtained Warthogs. Losing 33 to 100 the split chins didn’t stand a chance. Had a great moment watching in respawn cam as Xenos valiantly and heroically missed the landing pad on the way down from the top of the spire. Final score 93 to 70.

Game 4: Blood Gulch, or whatever it’s called in Reach. Had a good game with a good amount of sniping and counter sniping. Me and Xenos had a good long Warthog run going until I circled around the back of the enemy base. We tried to stop a newly spawned Banshee from taking flight but the swarm of Elites on the ground sent us into a terrifying spin from which we never recovered. Boom. We still won 93 to 70 though.

Game 5: Boneyard. Typical chaos everywhere with tanks, Banshees and Warthogs. We took the enemy down 100 to 49, but that final kill took forever. Long enough for a Scorpion to spawn, for me to get in it, drive across the map, and finally shoot a guy on foot for the win.

Game 6: Back to the spire for a normal Spartan vs Spartan battle. This time the enemy team fought well. Their Banshee pilot was adept, and their snipers clever. We eked out a 100 to 95 victory though.

At this point in the night conversation turned, as it usually seem to do, toward Halo 4 and it’s faults. Talk centered around the changes in art and design, chiefly the Master Chief’s armor and the drastic change to the Forward Unto Dawn. “It’s like the Enterprise changing from a Constitution class to a Miranda class” said someone who I didn’t keep track of.

By this point my notes began to slim. But that’s ok. You won’t know where I… supplement the facts. :)

Game 7 we took 100 to 83. There were many jetpacking Spartans.

We won Game 8 150 to 56. Someone named JADEDSQUIREL was hated upon a bit for past team killing. Beyond that it was a great game on a map… Which map? I’ll get back to you…

Game 9 was yet another victory. We played on some forged map I’d never seen. Half the enemy team quit and Cotton Eyed Joe was sung. It was the loveliest version of Cotton Eyed Joe I've ever heard while playing Halo. :p What was left of the enemy team battle among themselves until we hit the score limit… whatever it was.

Game 10 was on the same map, but was a very one sided game of neutral bomb which naturally we won. The enemy barely even put up a fight.

Game 11 was a surprisingly fun CTF game on a smallish forged Valhalla type map. The final score was 3 to 0, but the enemy put up a decent fight forcing us into some fun moments as we tried to wrestle their flag all the way home. I was happy to confuse the heck out of a few enemies with my cloak and didn’t even mind getting splatted by a friendly Ghost.

Game 12 must have been back on Bardwalk. I put down “Lots of jetpacking again.” So yeah, Boardwalk. 100 to 47.

Game 13, oh game 13! Game 13 was perhaps the most Halo-y game of Halo multiplayer I’ve played in a while. We had a nice, fun, back and forth game in the canyons of Blood Gulch. Tanks battle tanks. Warthogs chased after Ghosts. There was a moderate amount of sniping but not so much as to make on foot battle a chore. It was just plain fun. Not to mention it had one of my favorite Warthog deaths of the night when my flaming Warthog met an even more flam-y-er end when it collided with an enemy Mongoose while fleeing from battle. Many laughs were had. 100 to 69 was the final score but it felt a lot more fun than that.

At this point our number of players dwindled a bit so we broke out of our party and went up against each other. But even then we both pulled off victories as we each held off the other team in Invasion on Boneyard. That’s right. Nobody lost… eh… somehow. 14 and 0 baby!

Game 15 was the first true loss any of us faced. And by us I mean the evil blues on the blue team who lost their round of Invasion in the last couple of seconds of sudden death. To make it even better I was the one who drug (dragged) the glowing core to victory… after walking past it. In my defense I picked up an energy sword or something that was on top of it the first time…

The last game of my night was game 16, a double extra beatdown of a 100 to 17 BTB win back on Boneyard. Half the enemy team quit. The other half was not a challenge.

Oh and there was a game of Death Race or some such thing but I don’t really count that as a game… mostly because of the place I came in. So yeah. That didn’t happen. Also in my defense I’d never played on the map before and did any number of stupid things like driving off the edge twice and taking the down ramp when I should have taken a teleporter… Pretty fun to see what could be made in Forge World though!

All in all it was a very fun night. Reach played terrifically. There were only a few minor cases of lag, none of which I even saw. And there was much laughing and talking and solid team working. Oh… and I finally figured out why I hadn’t been able to talk to anybody when playing Reach. Turns out if you set the game to mute everyone a few years back it will keep doing it through the modern day until you remember what you did. Who knew? :p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread