Encouraging!

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, August 16, 2013, 06:57 (3906 days ago) @ kapowaz
edited by General Vagueness, Friday, August 16, 2013, 07:01

That's more like it. I'd like to see more of this kind of stuff: concepts, prototypes, works in progress, all under the banner of MIGHT NEVER BE RELEASED. This game is bound to have masses of stuff that doesn't make it into the released game, but that shouldn't stop it from being shared.

If it's risky, I think it should stop it from being shared, at least any time soon. Do you remember the disappointment about Halo 2? Heck, you don't even need to remember, you can go and find recent stuff about how the game didn't match with its pre-release stuff. Do you remember how they talked about how the game after Halo 3 could've been about a Sangheili spec-ops team? I like ODST, but I still wonder if I would've liked that more. A probably better reason would be, well, do you remember how they mentioned (several times I think) cut material being in later games? Showing it to us would take away the surprise if it shows up later. Of course, they could just show the stuff they don't have any intention of trying to include again, but that seems kind of like teasing us.
As for stuff that will be in the game, barring something very unlikely, I would like to see more-- and now we are seeing more, so I'm good. That is to say, I'm happy and pretty satisfied.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread