NsU Recommends!

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Friday, August 16, 2013, 12:26 (3899 days ago) @ Leviathan
edited by NsU Soldier, Friday, August 16, 2013, 12:49

Today on NsU Recommends...

"Are there any games that do this kind of customization for blade weapons? I'd love to custom-forge my own sword in Skyrim, choosing the hilt, blade shape, etc..."

Custom building weapons from parts? What have I played that did that?!?!

*40 minutes later (no exaggeration)*

Right!

I remember there was such a system in the PS1 RPG Vagrant Story. You could combine the hilts and blades of various weapons to get either a better version of said weapon, or an entirely new weapon altogether. You could also do similar things with armor. (You could even name your custom creations!)

Vagrant Story is a bit of a 3D dungeon crawl, with a lot of tactical combat elements and character progression choices thrown in. It also stressed replayability as you could build your equipment and your skills into some pretty unique roles.

I never got too far in that game as a youth as I lacked patience to learn its intricate game systems. I desperately want to give it a second shot however once I started watching some Let's Plays of it. This game looks like it was a labor of love.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread